Skinny Potato Gratin
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
November 2, 2014
Yield: Serves 7
- olive oil spray
- 6 medium peeled Yukon gold potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch-thick
- 2 tbsp light butter, melted
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, butter, salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper.
- Arrange half of the potato slices in the baking dish; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Add the remaining potatoes.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk, thyme, bay leaf and nutmeg to a boil; pour over potatoes.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered, for 45 - 50 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 4.4g
Sodium: 42 mg
Source: Gina's Skinny Recipes
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Sunday, November 02, 2014