Hearty Slow Cooker Casserole
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
January 4, 2015
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb. 90/10 ground beef, browned and rinsed
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 oz.) can low sodium kidney bean, with the juices
- 1 (15 oz.) can low sodium diced tomatoes, with the juice
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix all of the ingredients except the cheese in a 6 quart crock-pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Uncover crock-pot and sprinkle shredded cheese over top and recover and let cook an additional 1 hour.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 14gSaturated fat 6g
Source: adapted by Susan Mills-Gray from crockpotladies.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hhthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, January 29, 2015