Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
October 20, 2013
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise (it is difficult to cut). Remove the seeds and place cut side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Use a fork to pull the strands out. Toss with your favorite pasta sauce, parmesan cheese or Italian seasonings.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place cut side down on a microwave safe dish with ½ cup of water. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and cook on high for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove the strands with a fork.
- In a pot large enough to hold the whole squash, bring water to a boil. Drop the squash in and let it cook for 20-30 minutes. It is done when a fork easily pierces the skin and goes into the flesh.
In a Crock Pot:
- Pierce the skin of the squash several times. Place the whole squash in the crock pot and add two cups of water. Cook on low 8-9 hours.
Nutrition information for 1/2 cup of spaghetti squash
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, October 28, 2013