Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
October 5, 2014
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- One medium spaghetti squash
- One pound of ground turkey sausage
- One 14-oz can of low-sodium tomato sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, whole
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- Add tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, green pepper and Italian seasoning into a 6 quart slow cooker and stir well.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place 2 squash halves face down into slow cooker.
- Roll ground turkey into meatballs, then add to the sauce around the squash.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or cook on low for 5 hours.
- Use a large fork to pull the “spaghetti” out of the squash, then top with meatballs and sauce. Serve warm.
Nutritional information per serving:
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Source:PalePot.com –modified by Susan Mills-Gray, MU Extension
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Sunday, October 05, 2014