February 28, 2010
5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1¼ cups uncooked spelt (farro) or Bulgur, rinsed and drained
- 2½ cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Combine spelt and 2½ cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Combine cooked spelt, parsley, and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 204 (29% from fat)
Fat: 6.5 g (sat 0.8 g, mono 4 g, poly 0.9 g)
Protein: 7.4 g
Carbohydrate: 30.7 g
Fiber: 4.9 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Iron: 3.2 mg
Sodium: 437 mg
Calcium: 40 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, February 18, 2013