Spicy Three-Bean Chickpea Tomato Salad
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
June 14, 2015
Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup per serving)
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans
- 1 15-oz. can sweet corn
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 small jalapeņo peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain chickpeas, beans and corn and place in a large bowl.
- Add onion, tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, garlic and oil, then juice limes over mixture. Mix well until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.