Spicy Pecans with Cranberries
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
December 16, 2012
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cheyenne pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 225°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in pecans. Combine sugar, salt and pepper. Add to pecan mixture; toss well. Spread mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 225° for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; cool completely. Stir in cranberries.
- Note: Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Calories from fat: 76%
Fat: 7.7 g
Saturated fat: 0.7 g
Monounsaturated fat: 4.6 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4 g
Protein: 1.2 g
Carbohydrate: 4.8 g
Fiber: 0.8 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Iron: 0.3 mg
Sodium: 98 mg
Calcium: 1 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, March 22, 2013