Spicy Pinto Bean Hummus
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
September 4, 2016
Yield: Makes 16 servings (1/4 cup serving)
- 1-3 small jalapenos (depending on much heat you desire)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3½ cups cooked pinto beans
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, plus more to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Sliced black olives, to garnish
- Paprika, to garnish
- Add the jalapenos, pinto beans, lime juice, garlic, cumin, cilantro and 3 tablespoons olive oil to the food processor. Process and add salt to taste. Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and top with cilantro leaves, sliced black olives and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Nutrition information per serving (3/4 cup)
Total Fat: 3.7g
Saturated Fat: <.6g
Preparing Dry Beans
Pinto Bean Applesauce Rasin Cookies
Berry Bean Bread
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, September 08, 2016