Spicy Salmon Dip
Prepared by: Angie Lanigan,
University of Missouri Extension
June 1, 2014
Yield: 14 Servings
- 1 15-oz container of low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 5-oz canned salmon, skinless and boneless
- ½ c chopped green onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons, white onions, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon, red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix ricotta cheese, canned salmon, green onions, white onions, jalapeno, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in bowl. Leave refrigerated for 1-2 hours, covered.
Serve with crackers or pita bread.
Nutrition information per 2 ounce serving
Total Fat: 3.4g
Saturated Fat: .6g
Nutrition information per 2 ounce serving on 4 woven wheat crackers
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1.1g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.p>
Last update: Monday, June 02, 2014