Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
March 16, 2014
Yield: Makes 5 cups, a serving is ¼ cup (20 servings)
- 2 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 (8 oz) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened and cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 (8 oz) block fat-free cream cheese, softened and cut in 1/2" cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
SLOW COOKER METHOD: Coat the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients. Stir to combine, cover and cook until heated through. 1-1/2 to 2 hours on high, 3 to 4 hours on low. Recipe may be doubled.
OVEN METHOD: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside half of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. In a large bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture into 1-1/2 to 2 quart baking dish sprayed with non fat pan spray. Sprinkle top with remaining cheeses. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
TO SERVE: Sprinkle cooked dip with diced red pepper, if desired. Serve warm with crackers, tortilla chips, pita chips, crostini, or raw veggies.
Nutrition information per 1/4 cup serving
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.p>
Last update: Sunday, March 02, 2014