Spinach Omelet Roll
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
February 12, 2017
Yield: 8 servings
(1/8 of roll per serving)
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, salt and pepper sauce. Stir in the spinach, onion, Italian seasoning and 1/4 cup bacon. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, sauté mushrooms in oil for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain on paper towels; blot to remove excess moisture. Keep warm.
- Turn omelet onto a work surface; peel off parchment paper. Sprinkle omelet with mushrooms and 3/4 cup cheese; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Source: Taste of Home
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, March 03, 2017