Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
March 29, 2015
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 cup dry rice noodles or thin spaghetti
- ½ cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint or cilantro
- 1 cup of thinly sliced cooked chicken, shrimp, beef or pork
- 1 package rice paper wrappers for spring rolls
- Cook noodles per directions on package. Drain and combine noodles with vegetables and cilantro.
- Put warm water in shallow pie plate. Put 2-3 wrappers in water for 2-3 minutes. Remove one wrapper and place on damp paper towel.
- Place 1/3 cup of vegetable-noodle mixture and a few pieces of meat in wrapper. Fold wrapper down over mixture, then fold the two sides in and continue to roll up wrapper until all edges are secure.
- Continue making as many spring rolls as needed.
- ¾ cup rice vinegar or lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- Few drops low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup crushed roasted unsalted peanuts
- In a small sauce pan, combine vinegar, sugar and soy sauce over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Add in crushed unsalted peanuts.
Nutrition information per serving
(2 rolls with 2 tbsp. peanut sauce):
Total Fat: 4g
Source: Simply Good Eating recipe cards volume 2
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hhthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, March 30, 2015