Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
May 7, 2017
Yield: 2 dozen (1 piece per serving)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese (cream cheese may be substituted)
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush with oil mixture. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread with goat cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and arugula; layer over cheese.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Source: Taste of Home
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, May 08, 2017