Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
June 5, 2016
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound cooked whole wheat bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off
- 2 grilled skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, raise the heat slightly and cook until the corn is heated through and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped grilled chicken. Season to taste with salt if desired.
- Add the vegetables, butter and basil to the pasta and toss.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Source: adapted from RachelRay.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, June 06, 2016