Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
February 26, 2017
Yield: 4 servings (4 ounces per serving)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound salmon filet, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place salmon in baking dish. Combine oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and green onion and then pour over salmon. Cover and marinate 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on rack in broiling pan. Broil 5 minutes, then turn and broil 5 minutes more or until salmon is cooked through.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 2.8g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, March 03, 2017