Tofu Pumpkin Pie
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
November 16, 2014
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 package (10.5 oz) firm tofu
- 1 can (15 oz) mashed pumpkin
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked 9” pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425º. Drain tofu well and puree in blender until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin and sugars. Whisk in the spices and the pureed tofu.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake at 425º for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350º and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- Chill before cutting into eighths.
Nutrition information per serving without crust:
Nutrition information per serving with crust:
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Sunday, November 16, 2014