Roasted Tomato and Chicken Sandwich
June 27, 2010
Tomatoes are finally in season! This is the ultimate sandwich with roasted cherry tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; cook 4 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons vinegar. Sprinkle tomatoes with thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Wrap handle of pan with foil; bake at 300° for 15 minutes. Keep warm.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over top half of bread loaf. Spoon tomatoes evenly over bottom half of loaf. Arrange Brie over tomatoes; top with chicken.
- Combine 2 teaspoons oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add spinach, tossing gently to coat. Top chicken with spinach mixture; replace top half of bread. Cut loaf into 6 pieces.
Calories: 440 (25% from fat)
Fat: 12.3 g (sat 4.2 g, mono 4.9 g, poly 1.9 g)
Protein: 34.3 g
Carbohydrate: 46.7 g
Fiber: 3.9 g
Cholesterol: 78 mg
Iron: 3.7 mg
Sodium: 826 mg
Calcium: 119 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, July 30, 2010