Turkey Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
June 12, 2016
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta (whole wheat if possible)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean turkey sausage
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cups light chicken stock
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- Add salt/pepper or Italian seasoning to taste
- Prepare pasta according to directions on box.
- Remove sausage meat from casing, set aside.
- In hot skillet saute’ onions. Add sliced red peppers and crumbled sausage meat. Stir and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add florets and cover to steam.
- Once broccoli is tender add rigatoni to pan. Stir to coat.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Source: adapted from the Food Network
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, June 21, 2016