May 17, 2009
It's time to break out the grill! Try cooking up
hamburgers with a secret ingredient... turkey! These
burgers will fool everyone in the family into thinking
that they are actually eating beef. Yes, ground turkey
can be delicious and good
for you, you just have to know how to season it.
Another bonus, ground turkey is about half the price of lean hamburger.
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Form into 6 patties.
- Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat or grill, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 F (85 C).
Total Fat: 9.5 g
Cholesterol: 90 mg
Sodium: 354 mg
Total Carbs: 2.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 20.9 g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, February 15, 2013