May 23, 2010
It's grilling season! Hamburgers seem to be on everybody's list during the spring and summer. Make them healthier by using ground turkey and adding veggies, to make them extra moist.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on grill and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Calories: 275 (30% from fat)
Fat: 9.2g (sat 2.4g,mono 3.2g,poly 2.7g)
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, May 19, 2010