Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
January 29, 2017
Yield: 4 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 1 pound ground beef, browned
- 2 14-ounce cans no-salt diced tomatoes
- 1/2 large cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown ground beef, drain fat, cool completely. Wash and then chop cabbage into smaller bite-sized pieces. Dice onion and crush garlic if not already done.
- Place all ingredients inside gallon freezer bag. Press flat, this will make for quicker thawing and save freezer space.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Once thawed place contents in a deep pot over medium heat, cover with a lid. Stir occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve over rice, potatoes or pasta if desired. You could also easily turn this meal into a soup — add 2 cups water and 2 cups of broth, then add a bit more seasonings to taste.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 7.5g
Source: Smart Money Mom.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, February 16, 2017