White Bean Tofu Dip
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
January 3, 2016
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 7 ounces tofu
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable sticks of your choice (zucchini, squash, carrots, celery, etc.)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and rosemary and sauté until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and remove from heat.
- Add white beans, tofu, and the olive oil rosemary mixture, and purée until smooth.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Serve with sliced vegetables for dipping.