Wintertime Vegetable Chili
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
January 31, 2016
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons to 3 tablespoons chili powder (depending upon how much heat is desired)
- 2 14-oz. cans low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 16-oz. cans low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- Fat-free sour cream, optional
- In slow cooker, layer ingredients in order given—except sour cream. Cover.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir before serving. Top individual servings with small spoonful of sour cream if desired.
Nutrition information per serving:
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining by Phyllis Pellman Good and Dawn J. Ranck
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, February 01, 2016