Zucchini Chopped Tomatoes
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
July 6, 2014
Yield: Makes 4 servings, ˝ each
- 1 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 small (6-inch) zucchini, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite herb, chopped (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions. Sauté until softened.
- Add zucchini and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. (Add herbs if desired.)
- Cook 3-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender-crisp.
- Season with pepper and serve.
Nutrition information per ˝ cup serving
Total Fat: 2g
Source: Cornell University Cooperative Extension, Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.p>
Last update: Sunday, July 06, 2014