Zucchini Crust Pizza
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
July 26, 2015
Yield: 6 slices (serving is 1 slice)
- 3 cups shredded fresh zucchini
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved, then thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2cup julienned green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine zucchini and egg substitute; mix well. Add flour and salt; stir well. Spread onto the bottom of a 12 inch pizza pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 450°for 8 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and reduce oven heat to 350°. Sprinkle with mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, oregano, and basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Place pizza back into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and cheese is melted.