Grilled Zucchini Panini
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
July 29, 2012
Here is an easy Grilled Zucchini Panini recipe that promises to keep your kitchen cool and your stomach satisfied!
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 6 slices
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounce ciabatta or sourdough loaf, sliced into 8 slices
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces provolone, thinly sliced
- Heat a large grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Place zucchini in a shallow dish. Add 2 teaspoons oil and garlic; toss to coat. Arrange zucchini in grill pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Cut each zucchini piece in half crosswise. Return zucchini to shallow dish. Drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Brush top of bread slices with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Top evenly with zucchini, tomatoes and provolone.
- Heat the sandwiches on grill pan or panini press until warm.
Fat: 16.8 g
Saturated fat: 6.6 g
Monounsaturated fat: 8 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3 g
Protein: 15.4 g
Carbohydrate: 35.3 g
Fiber: 2 g
Cholesterol: 33.6 mg
Iron: 2.3 mg
Sodium: 722 mg
Calcium: 229 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, February 15, 2013