Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
July 28, 2013
Yield: 6 servings.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large zucchini, grated (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese,
- ½ cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, Italian seasoning, and garlic and cook until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini mixture, eggs, rice, cheddar cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and milk.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate, top with the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and cook until golden brown, 30-35 minutes.
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 18 mg
Sodium: 257 mg
Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Protein: 13 g
Source: Grow Eat Grow, University of Missouri Extension
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, July 30, 2013