Biscuit Bowl Chili
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
September 28, 2014
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 tube large low-fat refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tsp cornmeal
- Chili of your choice (canned or homemade)
- Shredded low-fat cheese (optional)
- Chopped onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place two full size muffin tins upside down; using non-stick spray coat the bottoms and sides of eight alternating muffin cups.
- On a work surface, roll or press biscuits into 4 inch circles. Sprinkle both sides with cornmeal, pressing lightly to adhere. Place biscuits over greased muffin cups, shaping biscuits around cups.
- Bake 11- 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove biscuit bowls from pans; cool on a wire rack. Using chili of choice, serve in biscuit bowl, topping with shredded cheese and onion if desired.
Approximate Nutritional information per serving (dependent on chili recipe):
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Source: Taste of Home
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Sunday, September 28, 2014