Grilled Apple A La Yogurt
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
September 22, 2013
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 medium apple
- 3 Tablespoons fat-free or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- Ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to taste
- Core and halve 1 medium apple; cut each half into 6 wedges, and grill over direct medium heat until rich grill marks form (about 6 minutes per side).
- Microwave on high until fully softened (about 1 minute).
- Top with 3 tablespoons fat-free or low-fat vanilla yogurt, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs and a pinch of ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Source: MU Extension Family Nutrition Program pinterest board, adapted from Health.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, September 03, 2013