Featured Recipes from Grow Eat Grow
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Baking dish
- 2 pounds rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Substitute blackberries, apples or peaches for rhubarb
For crisp topping:
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup butter
What to do (for the rhubarb):
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the
rhubarb and sugar until the rhubarb starts to breakdown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in vanilla and put in baking dish.
What to do (for the topping):
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, sugar and flour.
- Use 2 forks to cut the butter into the mixture until it looks like a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the rhubarb in the baking dish. Bake until the top is set and golden, about 30 minutes.
Back to Grow Eat Grow recipes index page.
To order Grow Eat Grow, visit the MU Extension Publications website.
For more information on nutrition and physical activities you can do with your family, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition Line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, March 22, 2013