Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
September 29, 2013
Yield: 14 servings
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 14 Jalapeņo peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, onions, lime juice, salt and garlic in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Fill the pepper halves with cheese mixture. Place peppers, cheese side up, on grill grate coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and grill peppers 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato and serve.
Note: if making these poppers for a party, you can stuff the peppers, cover, and chill. Then grill just before your guests arrive.
Carbohydrates: 1.5 grams
Protein: 2.5 grams
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: .5 grams
Source: MU Extension Family Nutrition Program pinterest board, adapted from Cooking Light
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, October 11, 2013