No-Bake Breakfast Bars
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
August 11, 2013
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup nonfat dry milk (optional)
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 large shredded wheat biscuits or 1 to 2 cups of any other cereal (granola, cornflakes, etc.)
- ½ cup chopped nuts or raisins (optional)
- Crush the shredded wheat biscuits or cereal.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Press the mixture firmly into an 8x8-inch pan.
- Cut into squares.
(Amount per serving)
Recipe source: University of Missouri Extension, Family Nutrition Education Program
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, August 12, 2013