Featured Recipes from Seasonal and simple
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell, thawed
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1˝ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake empty pie shell for 10 minutes.
- Sauté spinach in olive oil and spread cooked spinach on bottom of baked pie shell. Sprinkle cheese over spinach. Combine eggs, milk and flour and pour over cheese. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
To order Seasonal and simple, visit the MU Extension Publications website.
For more information on nutrition and physical activities you can do with your family, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition Line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, March 22, 2013