Aging Quick Answers
- Are alcoholism and alcohol abuse significantly greater problems in the adult population over age 65 than that under age 65?
- Does participation in voluntary organizations (churches and clubs) tend to decline among older adults?
- It seems like in the past that older people were taken care of by their own families, who is taking care of the elderly at the present time?
Grandparents Raising Children
- It seems like many grandparents are rearing their grandchildren in my community. Is this happening everywhere?
- I see a lot of commercials on TV about "regularity" and it seems like they always picture older people, is constipation a big problem as people age?
- With Social Security, Medicare, and lots of other government programs, isn't poverty among older people a thing of the past?
- Is retirement often detrimental to health (i.e., people frequently seem to become ill or die soon after retirement)?
Last update: Friday, August 29, 2008