MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis
Error processing SSI file


Quick Answers...


What do I do if I can not afford child care?

You can contact a number of agencies to learn about financial support for child care expenses:

  • Call your county Division of Family Services office; their phone number is listed in the state Government pages of your local phone book under "Missouri, State of".  Ask to speak with someone about the Child Care Subsidy program. You can also visit:  to learn more about the Child Care Subsidy program.
  • Call the Missouri Child Care Resource and Referral Network (1-800-200-9017; and ask about sources of community funding to assist families with child care expenses.
  • Ask your child care program about the availability of scholarships for children's child care expenses.



Sara Gable, Ph.D., Human Development and Family Studies, College of Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia



Can't Find Your Question Here? Try Searching Our Quick Answer Knowledge Base

Last update: Tuesday, November 08, 2005




University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia