How can I keep my credit card safe?
Most credit card thefts take place on weekends and in crowded situations such as shopping centers. Here are some ways to protect your credit cards:
- Don't leave your purse unattended - whether that's in
hotel rooms, cars, shopping carts, restaurants or store
- Check periodically to make sure you have all your
- Don't leave your credit cards in the car.
- Carry only the credit cards that you will need.
- Keep a list of your cards in a safe place. Be sure to
include an account number, address and telephone number of
whom to notify in case of loss for each card.
Sandra McKinnon, Family Financial Education Specialist, University of Missouri-Extension
Cynthia E. Crawford, Ph.D., Family Financial Education Specialist, University of Missouri-Extension
Last update: Wednesday, April 19, 2006