Quick Answers...Legal Issues
Where can I get information about programs, services and benefits available through the federal government?
The Federal Citizen Information Center, formerly the Federal Consumer Information Center, provides a vast amount of information about federal services and programs.
- A few examples of information they supply are:
- Details regarding vacations to national parks;
- Federal jobs in your area;
- Answers about retirement and Social Security benefits;
- Copyright information for inventions.
This list is a small example of information that you can obtain from the Federal Citizen Information Center. To contact them, call 1-800-FED-INFO (1-800-333-4636) or visit them on-line at http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/. For additional federal online information, see http://www.firstgov.gov/.
Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist &
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension
Last update: Wednesday, April 19, 2006