MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Legal Issues


Where can I get information about programs, services and benefits available through the federal government?


The Federal Citizen Information Center, formerly the Federal Consumer Information Center, provides a vast amount of information about federal services and programs.


  • A few examples of information they supply are:


  • Details regarding vacations to national parks;


  • Federal jobs in your area;


  • Answers about retirement and Social Security benefits;


  • Copyright information for inventions.


This list is a small example of information that you can obtain from the Federal Citizen Information Center. To contact them, call 1-800-FED-INFO (1-800-333-4636) or visit them on-line at For additional federal online information, see



Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension





Can't Find Your Question Here? Try Searching Our Quick Answer Knowledge Base

Last update: Wednesday, April 19, 2006




University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia