What steps should I take when buying a
When buying a used car, you should always do the
- Examine the car yourself;
- Test drive the car on a variety of roads;
- Review the car's maintenance record if it is
- If possible, talk to the previous owner; and
- Have the car inspected by a mechanic of your choice.
For more information on this topic, read the article Buying a Used Car.
Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist &
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension
Last update: Thursday, March 11, 2010