MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Consumer Complaints


I have had a consumer complaint and want to write a letter. I want to address my letter of complaint to a specific person in the company such as the president. How can I find the person's name?

A good place to start would be the company's website if they have one. Often company officers are listed there. If not try searching through resources that are available through most libraries such as Moody's, Standard & Poor's Register of Corporations and Executives, Standard Directory of Advertisers, Trade Names Dictionary, or Dun & Bradstreet Directory. If you can locate the number of the business, someone there should be able to give you the person's name and title as well. If all else fails, ask a reference librarian for help.





Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension


Last update: Friday, April 21, 2006








University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia