MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Consumer Complaints


I have contacted the local office of a company regarding a consumer complaint along with the headquarters. I have not gotten a reasonable solution to my complaint. What else can I do?

Some other options include: contact the manufacturer to see if they can help you in any way, contact a local newspaper or radio station to see if they can be of assistance, call your local Chamber of Commerce, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or get in touch with a state agency such as the Attorney General's office. If the company with which you are having difficulties is a part of an industry association, the association may also be of some assistance.



Source: Lodging Consumer Complaints, Lieurance, Eunice and Crawford, Cynthia, University of Missouri, Columbia.


Last update: Friday, April 21, 2006








University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia