MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Consumer Complaints


I made a purchase with a credit card. The product has not worked as it was supposed to, and I have not been able to resolve the issue with the store where I purchased it. What else can I do?

The company that issued the card may be able to help you resolve your situation. If you purchased the item in your state and it was for $50 or more, contact the credit card issuer and explain what has occurred. It will investigate the problem. While the company investigates, you do not have to make any payments on the disputed amount. If you win, you do not have to pay the disputed amount. If you lose, you may be required to pay interest on the amount you disputed.





Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension

Last update: Friday, April 21, 2006







University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia