MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Legal Issues



I want to file a claim in Small Claims Court. Where do I file?

Each county in Missouri has a small claims court. You must file in the county where the dispute began or where the person being sued resides. If filing against a company, file either where the complaint took place or where the company has an office.





Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension

Last update: Friday, April 21, 2006










University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia