MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Legal Issues



What expenses can I sue for in Small Claims Court?

You can sue for the following in Missouri Small Claims Court:

  • Cost of repairing property or a portion of the cost of replacing damaged or destroyed property; 

  • Medical bills as a result of injury; 

  • Pain and suffering; 

  • Costs specified in contracts; 

  • Taxi fare to and from work if car repair is in dispute; 

  • Long distance telephone calls to communicate with the defendant and try to correct the matter; and 

  • Wages lost as a result of injury, if not covered by sick leave.





Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension

Last update: Friday, April 21, 2006










University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia