MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Legal Issues



What will I have to do when I file a claim in Small Claims Court?

You will have to pay a minimal court filing fee. Also, you will be asked to fill out a petition. This is a form with basic information such as your name and address, the name and address of the person you are suing, the dollar amount you are claiming, and a brief description of the complaint.





Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension

Last update: Friday, April 21, 2006














University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia