MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Legal Issues



How do I collect my judgment from Small Claims Court?

The burden to collect if you win in Small Claims Court is yours, not the court's. You should contact the person, and if he/she still does not pay, you can obtain a court order for the seizure of the defendant's assets or wages. Keep in mind that you will have to pay a collection fee for this service.




Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension

Last update: Friday, April 21, 2006














University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia