MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Fraud/Scams



I have been the victim of identity fraud and want to file a complaint with the FTC. How do I do that?

To file a complaint with the FTC, call toll free at 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338); TDD at 202-326-2502 or by mail at:

      Identity Theft Clearinghouse
      Federal Trade Commission
      600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
      Washington, D.C. 20580

Online: Online ID Theft Complaint Form






Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension

Last update: Saturday, April 22, 2006














University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia