MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Quick Answers...Auto



What final paperwork will need to be done when I purchase a car?

Car dealerships will take care of most of the necessary paperwork or will inform you of what you will need to do. In general, the following must be taken care of:


  • Car title; 

  • Insurance forms; 

  • Registration certificate; 

  • License plates; 

  • City/county tax licenses; 

  • Inspection stickers; and 

  • Sales tax




Brenda Procter, M.S., State Specialist & Instructor
Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri-Extension

Last update: Saturday, April 22, 2006
















University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia