MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis


Relationships Quick Answers



What can a noncustodial parent due to gain visitation rights, or to enforce them?

If a parent is denying the other parent access to the child, the other parent can try calling the police to enforce the divorce decree. If this is not effective, the parent whose rights are being denied should consult with his/her attorney about the options, which include filing a family access motion.

For more information, see:




Kim Leon, Ph.D., Former Assistant Professor and State Specialist, Human Development & Family Studies, Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri Extension


Alison Levitch, Human Development & Family Studies Graduate Student, Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri Extension








Can't Find Your Question Here? Try Searching Our Quick Answer Knowledge Base

Last update: Tuesday, August 26, 2008




University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia