MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Finance Quick Answers



Where can I get tax information about starting my own business?

Publication 334, Tax Guide for Small Business, and Publication 3207, The Small Business Resource Guide CD ROM 2002 provides tax related information. (Call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676 for ordering information for Publication 3207.) These publications contain information on starting your own business, record keeping, and deductible expenses. In addition, Publication 3207 contains all of the business tax forms, instructions and publications needed by small business owners.

For more information on the tax consequences of a job loss, see Tax Impact of Job Loss.


Source: IRS, Tax Impact of Job Loss, 2002.












Can't Find Your Question Here? Try Searching Our Quick Answer Knowledge Base

Last update: Tuesday, July 15, 2008




University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia