MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Finance Quick Answers



Can I claim the Earned Income Tax Credit on my net self-employment if I have my own business?

Net income from a Sole Proprietorship is earned income. The Earned Income Credit is available to taxpayers that meet certain income guidelines. See IRS Publication 596, Earned Income Credit, or Tax Credits for People Who Work.

For more information on the tax consequences of a job loss, see Tax Impact of Job Loss.


Source: IRS, Tax Impact of Job Loss, 2002.












Can't Find Your Question Here? Try Searching Our Quick Answer Knowledge Base

Last update: Tuesday, July 15, 2008




University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia